Monday, January 19, 2009

First Blog

Ok, so everyone else is doing it and yes, if they jumped off a bridge I would too! I've seen people use blogs as weekly/monthly updates on how their family is doing and I've seen people use it as more of a diary. I figure somewhere inbetween is where you'll find me. So, ok, an update on our family.

Our family is GROWING. I am pregnant and due in May. I've been wanting to take pictures of my growing belly and post them but my belly hasn't grown. Not more than it already is at least. I've lost some weight and for my size that's great news. As I'm sitting on the couch typing this I had to unbutton my pants. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I'm so thrilled to be at this point in my life. I have a wonderful husband who loves and supports me. I have a beautiful son who is so funny and keeps me laughing and soon, I'll have a wonderful daughter.

I am a Primary teacher so every Sunday I get to teach the 4-5 year olds. They always have something really funny to say. I am still amazed at how smart these little guys are. I love them so much.

Jason, Christian and I are contemplating a puppy. We brought a beagle puppy home in November. His name is Murray. On January 3rd Murray passed away (not even 5 months old) and we allowed ourselves enough time to grieve as losing him was one of the hardest things we have ever gone through as a family. I'm still shocked at how hard it was to lose him. But time heals most wounds and now we are pondering a new puppy. A beagle of course because I fell in love with the breed. Jason was already in love as his parents had a beagle while he was growing up.

My in-laws are coming February 12th and I wonder if they realize how excited I get when they come to visit. I know, I know, you're supposed to not like your in-laws but the truth is, I love mine. I think it has a lot to do with their son. How on earth could I feel anything but pure love for the two people that produced a man that I am completely in love with? He is the person I fell in love with because they raised him to be such. They will be here for 2 weeks and we have some really neat things planned while they are here. We are trying to move my babyshower up as babyshowers are not that big in England. My sister-in-law never had one when she was pregnant with her daughter so as this is my Mother-In-Law's second biological grandchild we thought she would enjoy it. Not to mention how much I would love to have both grandmothers there to share in the celebration. Also we are going to have a 4D Ultrasound done. Jason and I were going to have one anyway but moved it up a week when we found out his parents were coming. That way they can be a part of it too. When I told my Mom they were coming even she got excited. That's just my in-laws though, every body loves them. I'm so lucky to be a part of this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you. Don't forget to follow me so I can follow you!