Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 16, 2010

Today I am grateful for smell!

My children each have a certain smell. I love to get close to them and just smell them. My husband has a smell. My parents each have a smell. I love those smells. Smell can triger memories. Smell can take you back to a certain time and place. I can smell a perfume from my teenage years and it will remind me of something I otherwise forgot. When I bake I can smell the cookies, brownies, cake, whatever, in my hair. We often talk of "things" belonging to my parents that each child may want after our parents are gone. I have often said I want Daddy's pillow. It has his smell. Yep, I am extremely grateful for the sense of smell.

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for smell too until I am Prego and SICK! (Im not prego) Nothing like a clean baby lathered up in baby lotion or a fresh showered husband! Hmmmm!

    Would have loved to hear the young women program Im sure it was Wonderful!

    Heath loves your Egg salad too! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you. Don't forget to follow me so I can follow you!