Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Yesterday was one of those days a wife and mother can only dream about. Christian got up on his own, got ready for school and was out the door and barely needed me for anything. Jason was out of the house by 9 and I was in the office by 9. After working a full day Christian came home and emptied the dishwasher and I was able to have all the dishes done, some by hand, and dinner ready before Jason came home. It was bliss. This is all new to me because I've always been a worker. Even before Christian came into my life 12 years ago I always worked. I spent the first 5 months of Christian's life home with him, mainly because I was so nervous to leave him after his struggle coming into this world but after those 5 months I was ready to get back to the grind. I had too much help getting back to work as my mother insisted on keeping him for me during the days. If there is anyone in this world I trust to look after my children it would certainly be the woman who raised me. He was in better hands than if I stayed home with him! At the end of October of this year we decided to move the office to my home. We are saving tons of money and with the real estate market being so fickle it just made sense. Now I get the best of both worlds and it is really agreeing with me. I get to work. I get to satisfy that need within me to work but I also get to satisfy that hunger to be home when my son gets home. To take care of my house. To make this a beautiful environment for my family to be in. I always thought of women in two categories, those who worked outside of the home and those who worked in the home. I've become less black and white and much more gray. I realize now I can be both and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you. Don't forget to follow me so I can follow you!