Friday, October 29, 2010

October 29, 2010

Today I am grateful for Nemours Children's Hospital.

Christian has been diagnosed with hearing loss. (and all this time we thought he just had "selective" hearing) Nemours diagnosed the severity and ordered him hearing aids. We went today and picked up his hearing aids. Now my baby can hear!

We went to Casey and Mark's for the annual Pumpkin Carving Party. Mom and Casey were cleaning up the kitchen and doing dishes. We were in the dining room where the pumpkins were being carved. Christian said there was static in his ear. The doctor told us when his hearing aid battery ran out there may be static. We took out one of the aids and reset it. Then we took out the other one to reset. As we were resetting the aid my mom and sister stop washing dishes. Christian looked at me and said, oh the static stopped. That's when it hit me, poor guy never really heard the water running in the background and yes, it kinda does sound like static. There are so many new background noises he is hearing and has to get used to. Tomorrow, as I am doing my dishes, I will try and remember to give thanks for the sound of static!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! Not that he has hearing loss - but that now he can hear!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you. Don't forget to follow me so I can follow you!