Sunday, January 30, 2011

Quote of the Day

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it." ~ Atticus Finch To Kill a Mockingbird

Pres. Berry released me today. He released all of us from our jobs of "moaning and groaning". I've certainly done my share. I have "moaned and groaned" about someone when I thought what they did was wrong and I could have done it better. Now I'm in the position of people judging me and the decisions I make. It isn't until you are in that position, with all the information given, that you realize what you *thought* you would do is no where near what the Lord wants you to do.

I, heretofore, release myself of "moaning and groaning." I will find pleasure in all situations. I will not judge anyone's decision because:

1. Who I am to judge? Am I perfect? Am I without sin?;
2. I don't know the whole story. I will never know the whole story;
3. When the Lord speaks to someone and they make a decision based on that direction, I SHOULD be very EMBARRASSED to think badly of that decision or to think I would have made a better one; and
4. I haven't "climbed inside your skin and walked around in it".

I feel great about this release. If I ever feel the need to judge or question your judgment I know I can take my problems to our Savior because "he lives to hear my soul's complaints. He lives to silence all my fears. He lives to wipe away my tears. He lives to calm my troubled heart. He lives all blessings to impart."

Blessings and Love to all ~
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you. Don't forget to follow me so I can follow you!